Why we prioritise mobile first
Do you know why your website should be mobile-friendly? In today’s blog, we discuss why we prioritise mobile first.
The mobile-first approach prioritises the user experience on mobile devices, which are increasingly becoming the primary way that many people access the internet.
With this approach, designers and developers ensure that the mobile version of a website is optimised for small screens, touch-based navigation, and fast loading times, even before considering the desktop version. This leads to better user experience, higher engagement, and improved search engine rankings, which can positively impact a business or organisation.
Google and other search engines prioritise mobile-friendly websites in their search results, so adopting a mobile-first approach can help improve a business's Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and visibility.
Here are some stats:
- In 2021, it is estimated that over 60% of internet traffic will come from mobile devices. (Source: Statista)
- A study by Google found that over 80% of users reported using their mobile devices to search for products and services and that over 50% of users who had a poor mobile experience with a business were less likely to engage with that business again in the future. (Source: Google)
- Another study found that mobile-friendly websites are more likely to rank higher in search engine results, with over 60% of Google searches now coming from mobile devices. (Source: Search Engine Land)
- Research by Unbounce found that mobile-optimised landing pages can lead to higher conversion rates, with users over 70% more likely to convert on a mobile-friendly site than a non-optimised site. (Source: Unbounce)
- A study by Hubspot found that a majority of consumers expect a website to load in 3 seconds or less and that 40% of users will abandon a site that takes longer than 3 seconds to load on their mobile device. (Source: Hubspot)
With the continued growth of mobile internet usage, a mobile-first approach can help businesses stay ahead of the curve and ensure that their website remains relevant and accessible to users in the future.
News & Blog
3/16/2023We are excited to announce that after months of hard work and dedication, our…
Why we prioritise mobile firstDo you know why your website should be mobile-friendly? In today’s blog, we…
What could Artificial Intelligence mean for dealers?As a company that is very much tech-driven, we are naturally interested in the…
Are you prepared for the future of SEO?Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) has evolved significantly in recent years,…
A brief glimpse into what’s coming with Google Analytics 4Universal Analytics, also known as Google Analytics, will be discontinued on…
Changes to the customer buying journeyThere are no longer any questions about how customer expectations have changed…
The Geronimo retail user experienceWhen it comes to attracting digital traffic, having a new website may help you…
Social media trends to watch out for in 20232022 was quite the year for social media platforms with the likes of TikTok…
6 tips to level up your dealership in 2023If you are looking to maximise success in 2023 and take your dealership up a…
Top advertising trends for 2023One of the key features of the Geronimo Programme is that our unique structure…